Radiation encephalopathy refers to a series of clinical symptoms that patients with head and neck tumors have suffered from brain damage after receiving radiation treatment due to the need for radiation therapy. Patients with high incidence are head and neck cancer patients, such as nasopharyngeal cancer, also known as Guangdong cancer, which is common in Guangdong. Second, it can also be seen in those who receive radiotherapy for laryngeal cancer and thyroid cancer. Patients may present with some conscious disturbances, such as swallowing disorders, cognitive impairments, and speech disorders.
Symptoms of radiation encephalopathy
1. Radiation encephalopathy is mainly manifested in the acute phase, mainly with symptoms of acute intracranial pressure increase, such as dizziness, headache, and severe symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, limb weakness, and convulsions.
2. The early symptoms of the patient are mainly a lethargy syndrome, and a decline in learning and memory. Some patients may also experience symptoms such as irritability and involuntary crying.
3. Patients with advanced stage are mainly manifested as radioactive cerebral necrosis and severe neurological dysfunction, and some may also have dementia and seizures. If it is a brainstem injury, choking may also occur, depending on the symptoms of one thing as two.
Treatment of radiation encephalopathy
1. The treatment methods of radiation encephalopathy include acupuncture, massage and massage. Patients can also be treated by neuromodulation, traditional Chinese medicine for kidney and brain strengthening, or under the guidance of a doctor with drugs that promote blood circulation and remove blood stasis.
2. It is recommended that patients go to the hospital for treatment in a timely manner. After the diagnosis is made, standardized treatment under the guidance of a doctor is beneficial to the recovery of the disease.