1. When is the Dalian Sea Urchin Season
1. Different species of sea urchins in the coastal areas of Dalian have obvious seasonality. Purple sea urchins are in the summer and June-September is its more delicious time; horse dung sea urchins are more plump from April to May; yellow sea urchins are favored in winter. The best tasting time is from December to April of the next year, but artificial seedling cultivation has been successful in recent years, and sea urchins are on the market all year round.
2. In terms of appearance, purple sea urchins are larger and have the size of an adult's fist, with an average weight of 7-8, and the thorns are long and black, very hard, but the color of the yolk is lighter, which is yellow-brown. The horse manure and sea urchin's spines are relatively short, light brown, and flattened, usually three to two.
3. The most important thing to eat sea urchin is the taste. Some people like the freshness of horse dung sea urchin. Some people are more enthusiastic about the mellowness of purple sea urchin. The taste of sea urchin is very related to the water in which it grows. General requirements Pollution-free, deep-water, and seaweed-rich.
How to distinguish the quality of sea urchin
1. Spurs: Spurs are the "bullet jackets" of sea urchins for self-protection. They are also breathing tools for sea urchins. What's more important is that they can accurately determine the vigor of purple sea urchins through the form of thorns. Generally, the thorns are short. And the dynamic purple sea urchin is more vigorous and fresher.
2. Gallbladder needle and thick needle: short is better.
3. Mouth: Fresh sea urchin mouth is fuller and slightly protruding, otherwise the stale sea urchin mouth will sag and its color will be dark. If it encounters poor quality sea urchin, it will turn into yellow in the shell. It turns into soup and is accompanied by a strong stench.
4. Weight: The size of the sea urchin is different. Generally, the weight of 7 is selected. The method of picking the sea urchin is relatively simple. Generally, the thorns are short and thick, and the fat is long. The emphasis is on "standard beauty", but in the same situation, the heavier the better.
The habitat of sea urchins
1. Most sea urchins love to live on rocks, coral reefs, and hard seabeds. They mainly rely on tube foot and spine movements. Exercises are often related to feeding. Generally, the surrounding food is rarely moved, only a few centimeters a day.
2. When food is scarce, it can be moved 50 cm every day. Usually it usually lurks in the gaps or depressions. Irregular sea urchins often burrow in the sand, and mainly move by stabbing in the hole or the sand surface.