What legal services can lawyers provide?
According to Article 28 of the Lawyers Law of the People's Republic of China, lawyers may engage in the following businesses:
1. Accept the entrustment of natural persons, legal persons or other organizations as legal counsel;
2. Accept the entrustment of parties in civil and administrative cases, act as an agent, and participate in litigation;
3. Accept the entrustment of criminal suspects or defendants in criminal cases, or accept the assignment of legal aid agencies according to law, act as defenders, accept the entrustment of private prosecutors, victims of public prosecution cases or their close relatives, act as agents, and participate in litigation;
4. Accept the commission and represent the appeals of various lawsuits;
5. Accept the commission and participate in mediation and arbitration activities;
6. Accept the commission and provide non-litigation legal services;
7. Answer questions about laws, write litigation documents and other documents related to legal affairs.
A few things to note when hiring a lawyer?
1. When hiring a lawyer, first review the lawyer's qualifications.
Lawyers should hold a lawyer's practice certificate issued by the provincial judicial department (bureau), which contains the name of the lawyer, the practice institution, the license number, the ID number, the date of issue of the license, and the annual inspection and assessment. A lawyer shall show a lawyer's card to the client to prove his true identity. Before hiring a lawyer, a client can also check the lawyer's integrity information on the official website of the judicial administrative agency (Judicial Bureau) where the lawyer is located or the website of the Bar Association to verify the authenticity of the lawyer's identity.
2. Each lawyer can only practice in one practice institution (law firm)
A law firm with strict management and strict requirements will have sufficient backup protection for the client's case. Try to go to the law firm to check the identity of the lawyer before checking the contract, and check the business status of the law firm. Remember: Lawyers practising in law firms are lawyers. The staff of the grass-roots legal service office cannot be called lawyers, but grass-roots legal service workers. The client is determined to hire a lawyer, but don't go the wrong way or find the wrong door, let alone find a legal consulting company with the banner of a lawyer.